Scheduled tasks represent a vector for malware as well as the potential for impacting system performance if unnecessary scheduled tasks are running on endpoints.
Product Pack notes:
- What scheduled tasks are configured
- What scheduled tasks are configured. Aggregate by task name
These questions use the schtask utility to report all configured scheduled tasks. As shown below, it reports the following information
- The task author, if available
- Any comment describing the task, if available
- The time the task last ran, if applicable
- The logon mode for the task
- The next run time for the task, if applicable
- The task schedule
- The task state
- The task status
- The logical name of the task
- The actual command run by the task
The aggregating version of the question simply aggregates by task name, allowing you to view a count of task instances by task name and then drill down. Note that it is possible for several instances of a task with the same name to run on a single device.
You must log in to submit a review. Click here to login.